Several questions around the "Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission

riceballriceball Community Member Qubie ✭

Several questions around the "Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission

My company is looking into accessibility and Qualtrics. I’m already aware of the accessibility check tool that every survey has access to. My questions are around the “Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission that’s enabled by default. As an administrator, I can disable this, which would put a red “This survey does not meet accessibility standards” banner above surveys, an accessibility indicator next to questions, and not allow accessible surveys to be published.

This permission is what my questions are around:

Q1: Can I turn on the “Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission flags without actually disallowing non-accessible surveys? I would like to add the red banner and accessibility indicators, but sometimes file upload and matrix questions are unavoidable, so I don’t want to disallow non-accessible surveys - I just want all the flags to be shown, but still let the user hit publish.

Q2: Will turning off the “Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission for a user break existing surveys that the user has published and are live?

Q3: Is there a way to turn off the “Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission for all users at once (e.g. an API or contact support), or will I have to go through all our 6,000 users and change the flag one-by-one? What about newly provisioned users - what will their default be?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• riceballriceball Qubie ✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi - I asked support and here is the answer in case someone else looks for this.

Q1: Can I turn on the “Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission flags without actually disallowing non-accessible surveys? I would like to add the red banner and accessibility indicators, but sometimes file upload and matrix questions are unavoidable, so I don’t want to disallow non-accessible surveys - I just want all the flags to be shown, but still let the user hit publish.

At the moment, the permission to allow non-accessible surveys behaves as an all-or-nothing feature, meaning that this permission is enforced and the alert is displayed to survey creators, or the permission must be disabled. I would be happy to file a feature request for a permission to presents a warning, but does not strictly enforce accessibility standards.

Q2: Will turning off the “Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission for a user break existing surveys that the user has published and are live?

The surveys will continue to work as normal, however the check will run when any new distributions are scheduled. So if a survey is sent out, the accessibility requirement is enforced, and the survey owner tries to send out a new distribution, the second distribution will flag the survey as inaccessible and they will not be able to send out the survey again until the necessary changes are made.

Q3: Is there a way to turn off the “Allow Non-Accessible Surveys” permission for all users at once (e.g. an API or contact support), or will I have to go through all our 6,000 users and change the flag one-by-one? What about newly provisioned users - what will their default be?

Permissions can be controlled for entire sets of users using divisions (more on that here). You can change the permissions of a division and then add all the users to this division. Users can be added to the division in bulk using our public API calls. Note that division-level permissions will override individual permissions.

Answers

Sign In to Comment