Solved

Increasing MR Survey Response Rates

• 25 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 544 replies
My organization is relatively new at launching market research surveys, so I'm still learning some of the ins-and-outs of increasing participation. I could use the opinions of some seasoned MR folks for my distribution problem...

I want the sponsor of my survey to remain anonymous (revealing my company name may skew results). We have contracted with a panel provider, who couldn't get _quite_ the numbers I needed for a statistically representative sample. So I want to supplement the panelist numbers with a few responses with contact info sourced from a B2B 3rd party contact provider.

The panel provider company misunderstood where this list came from; while initially they agreed to do the distribution to my email list on my behalf (keep my company's name out of it), now they are saying they can't work with contacts sourced from a 3rd party. So now I'm stuck with not only a problem, but a limited time frame to fix it.

We do have an appropriate incentive attached. Any ideas on how to execute this? Do I just send the email through qualtrics without a signature/sponsor and hope people don't regard it as spam? Any other ways to get this distribution out that I'm not thinking of?
icon

Best answer by TomG 25 March 2019, 15:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Can you use the name of the B2B 3rd party contact provider since that is where the contact info came from? Do I understand correctly that the sponsor is your company? If that's the case, isn't your company name going to the in the Qualtrics url anyway?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@TomG I suppose we could try the 3rd party contact provider- I have no idea if it will fly, but I don't know unless I ask!

The sponsor is my company. We're testing perceptions of us vs. some competitors, so I don't want to reveal the sponsor on the front end. You're right that the name will be in the URL. But, there is a way to remove it given all surveys have unique IDs. Actually, the Community helped me with that one in the past:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/893/remove-brand-name-from-url#latest
Furthermore, my Qualtrics ID is the Acronym for the company- not the full name. So it at least masks is just a little bit.

All reasons why we wanted to route through the panel provider and utilize their name and credit!

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
One more thought...have you considered adding a second panel company to round out your sample?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Ah! I great idea @TomG. Actually I do have one "in the wings" who had lower feasibility, and offered this in case we needed it... I totally forgot. Perhaps it's time to reach back out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'd recommend contacting Qualtrics Research Services and seeing if they can help you out. They're pretty well versed in this stuff and if anyone can make it happen, they likely can.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
They were my first call, @jpardicusick! We've used them before for panel services and had great luck, but were not able to use them for this particular project. Would recommend to any one else seeking assistance, though! Fast and easy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Kate I should have known! I must admit, I didn't read the username before I responded. If I had, I'd had known you already knew about Research Services. Whoops! 😀

Leave a Reply