Authentication via Contact Sheet - Not Working as Intended | XM Community
Solved

Authentication via Contact Sheet - Not Working as Intended

• 26 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello

Recently I finalised and published a form that is used for data purposes for people who come into our department (that they have to respond to before being allowed in).
I used an Authenticator, and based it off of a Contact Sheet I made solely for this survey.
Survey respondents would type in an identification number, and (theoretically) if this matches an existing ID number on the sheet it will bounce back some information and they would only have to answer 2 questions in the "Repeat User" section. (e.g. if the Authenticator passed)
If the ID number was not found it would make them fill out some basic information of themselves (for data purposes), known as the "First Time" section and if they came in again they'd only have to answer 2 questions instead of the whole survey. (e.g. if the Authenticator failed)

This was working smoothly, until a few days ago however, where now respondents who have already completed the survey are now being forced to retake the "First Time" sections, and new users who have completed it after the issue started are being forced to retake it as well, so both new and old users are being affected by this.

I verified on the sheet that their information is consistent and correct, so I don't know what would be the issue with this.

I can also post images as well to verify the workflow.

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by KendraR 9 April 2019, 23:51

View original

2 replies

As an update, I have unchecked "Allow authenticating respondents to retake authenticated section" and that did not do the trick either.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @BraedonL! It looks like you were able to reach out to our Support Team and discover that there were duplicate contacts in your contact list and that some respondents were typing in incorrect emails. We're happy to hear that deleting the duplicate contacts solved your issue 😀

Leave a Reply