"Constant Sum" and "Must Total" question | XM Community
Solved

"Constant Sum" and "Must Total" question

• 28 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I would like to setup up a survey getting inputs on the importance of different KPIs. People are given 100 marks in total to allocated to 5-6 categories of KPIs. Each category of KPIs also include sub-categories. I have used “constant sum” to limit the total. But since I have 5-6 broad categories and each has different subcategories. How can I limit the grand total of points being input is within a total of 100. Also, if there is a way to show in the survey that how many marks/points that is remaining when the user allocate the points along the survey? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by KendraR 11 April 2019, 00:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @Masie! For this specific setup, I would recommend using a Constant Sum Matrix Table. This question type will allow you to add multiple "categories" and limit the total across the categories. As far as showing how many points are remaining, this is not a current functionality of the platform. If you have not yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!

If you have any additional questions regarding setting up your survey please feel free to reach out to our Support Team they would be happy to answer them. 😀

Leave a Reply