Export Individual Survey Response as PDF *with* Metadata | XM Community
Solved

Export Individual Survey Response as PDF *with* Metadata

• 28 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone. I would like to export individual surveys responses as PDFs, but I need to have the date appear somewhere on the PDF. It looks like the only metadata that is exported with PDFs is location data on the last page. Is there any way to customize this? I am hoping someone has a creative solution. Thanks very much.
icon

Best answer by Kate 29 March 2019, 14:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Why don't you add the date submitted as Embedded Data? Then it will appear at the bottom of the PDF. I do this on several of my surveys so that information gets piped through to my CRM:

!
That is a great suggestion. It looks like it would work very well if I was designing the survey now. Unfortunately, I did not realize that I needed this function until the survey had already been taken over 300 times. It looks like this would embed the date as they take the survey, but could not be used to do anything retroactively, is that correct? Or perhaps there is some way to set an embedded data variable to reflect, say, the recorded "Start Date" after the fact?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@lgreenwaldt Sorry, I didn't realize the survey was already taken.

I hate to say it, but I think you're out of luck. There is no way to simply toggle on the meta data for export. The .pdf downloads kind of come as-is. It looks like you may be stuck manually appending this information to the pdfs.

Alternatively, it will be super time consume, but you might be able to use mail merge features to sort of create your own individual response reports based of the raw data export:
https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/mail-merge-using-an-excel-spreadsheet-858c7d7f-5cc0-4ba1-9a7b-0a948fa3d7d3

Either way- there is not a way to do this natively in Qualtrics anymore. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I'd reccomend always running some tests to make sure you're getting the info you need where you need it before you launch a project! This happens to all of us once or twice, lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
> @Kate said:
> Why don't you add the date submitted as Embedded Data? Then it will appear at the bottom of the PDF. I do this on several of my surveys so that information gets piped through to my CRM:
>
> !
>

Thanks Kate, I had a similar question, but for adding the Language on the pdf export. As Language is already a standard field, as soon as I also added it as an Embedded Data field it appeared for all already submitted responses and appears on the pdf export as well!
Badge +7

We have a similar need - this is our usecase ...people that conduct our exit interviews would like to be able to view the departing employees survey responses and metadata to facilitate the interview. We want access to these responses to be "on demand" (sending the pdf isn't really an option). Currently we build a dashboard using table widgets for each of the fields. It is time consuming, not pretty, and includes useless info (like count). Ideally would like to be able to present a "form" - and also to define which information is included. We would include both survey responses and metadata about the respondent.

Leave a Reply