Data prep for StatsIQ: how to properly set up a column with multiple categories (multi-answer) | XM Community

Data prep for StatsIQ: how to properly set up a column with multiple categories (multi-answer)

• 1 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi all,
I'm using an imported spreadsheet of NPS survey results in Stats IQ. I have categorized the NPS comments in a column in the spreadsheet. Originally, I had the different categories listed in multiple columns, since sometimes a person will talk about multiple topics in a comment. However, that wasn't a useful way to have the data coded to bring into Stats IQ, so I created (with a formula) a column that is a semicolon separated list of the topics in the original topic columns. Stats IQ isn't parsing that column as I'd like. Same issue with a comma separated list.

Here's an example of one cell in my spreadsheet where the respondent mentioned multiple topics in their response:

Product quality; Support quality

Stats IQ sees this as a single value instead of two values, so I have a sample size of 95, but 74 distinct categories. Any cell with multiple categories like the one above is being treated as a whole and is not split into the proper categories.

Is there a better separator to use? Is there a better way to prep the data for import so Stats IQ is able to understand that there are multiple options listed in the cell, analogous to a multi-answer survey question?

Thanks,
Renee

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @Renee! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues uploading your file to Stats iQ. For your specific issue, I would recommend that you contact our Support Team so they can take a look at your spreadsheet and help you out with the upload issue you are experiencing. 😀

Leave a Reply