Skip a block but still alow backing up to previous blocks | XM Community
Solved

Skip a block but still alow backing up to previous blocks

• 2 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Hi Qualtrics community,

Has anyone come up with a way to skip an entire block, or to hide an entire block, based on a previous answer without using Survey Flow?

If I use Survey Flow logic, the respondent will no longer be able to back up and change answers from previous blocks, so this is a no-go for us. The only solution that's coming to my mind is to add a 'display if' logic to EVERY single question in the follow-up block, on top of their own unique display logic.

Hope someone has come up with a workaround to the no back-button issue for Survey Flow branching!
icon

Best answer by KendraR 15 April 2019, 17:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @Pete_L! As you have already suggested, one way to achieve this would be to set Display Logic on all questions in the follow-up block. Another way you could achieve this is to move all questions in the "follow-up block" into the block you are basing the logic off of and then use Skip Logic to skip the rest of the questions in the block (the "follow-up" questions). Please note that this would only work if the "follow-up block" comes directly after the block you are basing the logic off of. As always, feel free to reach out to our Support Team if you need help setting this up! 😀
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Hi Kendra - sadly my situation includes loops in between, so I cannot move everything into the same block. I need to be able to skip past multiple sections. I will end up having to create display logic on all the questions in between it looks like.

Leave a Reply