"Internal Server Error" getting around the session timeout | XM Community

"Internal Server Error" getting around the session timeout

• 4 April 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a user with an annoying Qualtrics issue. She understands as she said, " know this isn't exactly a huge bug, and I tend to be a very
specific non-standard Qualtrics user." But her issue is when working with survey results that include files, she opens each file and makes comments, this commenting process can take an hour or longer. Our School token time out is 2 hours but Qualtrics reports its only 30 minutes. She seems to hit this session timeout often, She is "OK" with the need to reauthenticate to get a new token when she is ready to continue, but the annoying part is the initial error she got. The Error is "Internal Server Error". We sent the issue to Qualtrics support and they have been working directly with her fro several months. They mentioned every time she downloads a file it opens a new tab and that shortens the session life...

Has anyone worked with survey results that include file uploads and this issue of the session timeout after looking at one file and going to the next? Honestly, this is my first bad experience with Qualtrics support where they seem to just as us to do busy work never advancing towards a solution.

1 reply

The issue is not with multiple tabs, her concern is that the session gets an error, it does not allow her to continue working with the survey results nor does it ask her to re-authenticate to get a new session time.
She stated, "Everything seems to work fine with one tab or ten as long as I've logged in recently. I haven't tested out all the permutations out every 10 mins. The problem isn't shorter session length because of too many tabs, which may occur but I don't notice it. It's that when the session runs out inevitably (because I spend an hour writing a letter then come back for the next one) it doesn't re-query me to start a new session. If I'm interacting directly with the software (editing a survey) it politely informs me that my session has timed and forces me to start a new session. If I'm just trying to load a file and it's been a while since an hour since I logged in, the browser never gets the message to force me to start a new session--it just gives an error. The only consistent solution is to restart the browser."

Leave a Reply