Very Difficult: A Timed Test? (please help!) | XM Community
Question

Very Difficult: A Timed Test? (please help!)

• 5 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Dear friends,

I have really a complex question. So, I will provide some context that I hope will help!

I'm working on an online experiment with three conditions and two tests: One creativity test and one productivity test. The creativity test is a test where participants receive a problem and have to come up with as many ideas as possible. After 10 minutes, they get auto-forwarded to the next question. I actually managed to fix this! (yay!)

My question:
Next, they have to do a productivity test. This is a clerical task where they have to compare two invoices and determine whether they are identical (i.e., a yes or no question). I have attached an example image. Every time they answer they would get a new picture of two invoices to compare. Now, I want to make this a timed test to see how many they can solve within 10 minutes. So I want them to be able to continue clicking, and receiving new questions, but after doing the exercises for 10 minutes, they move on to the next thing.

!

I know this is a really complicated question! Sorry! I hope someone has the time to help me!

Kind regards,

Yuri

5 replies

Hello @Yuri ,

You can use custom JS, add the timer and capture the time as the images changes and increment a count. If the timer reaches 10 mins, click next button and store the count value in embedded data.
Badge +1
Dear Shashi,

I really appreciate your help and taking the time! I'm sorry, I tried to figure out what you meant, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this.

To clarify, I think my question was a bit vague. I know you can auto-forward a question after 10 minutes, but I want to auto-forward the participant from a block of questions after 10 minutes. So the block of questions would be all the exercises.

Do you know how to get this custom JS?

Kind regards,

Yuri
Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Yuri Did you ever get this solved? I have a similar challenge

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

mklubeck aren't there multiple solutions to block level timers on the community already? Just wondering if there's something particular that's causing an issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

ahmedA I contacted support and they shared one (using branching) that I plan to use...but looking for solutions was how I stumbled upon this one. If there are others, I didn't find them by searching on "Timed survey" or "Timed test." And actually I want one that will end the form after a declared amount of time - not blocks, and not waiting for the respondent to finish a question/block. I did find a "Product Idea" to upvote asking for this (not a block timer, but a timer for the entire survey).

Leave a Reply