Participants' withdrawal using their random ID number | XM Community
Solved

Participants' withdrawal using their random ID number

• 5 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi there,
I am a rather frazzled Qubie in the process of creating my survey. My supervisor advised me to generate random ID numbers should a participant want to withdraw after the survey. I have created the random ID number generator BUT have not been able to work out how it will actually work? How and where do participants use their number to withdraw their data?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 8 April 2019, 14:45

View original

3 replies

Badge +1
Do you want the user to delete their data or opt-out of future surveys?

Opt-out is built into the system and there is an opt-out link that is added to any emails sent out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I think a relatively easy solution to this would be to handle it through email triggers (if you distribute by contact list) or a customized end of survey element (if you distribute via anonymous link) and the use of a retake link

Your survey flow:
1) All of the blocks you need for your survey
2) Branch logic - IF QURL contains DEL or Q_R
3) Block with one question that asks them to verify that they would like their previous response to be excluded from analysis - you would then filter our yes or manually delete records that have a yes for this variable

You will either set up an email trigger or end of survey element that displays the retake link with an appended variable to the end.

You would have a message like: "If you decide you do not want your responses included in our analysis, follow this link Retake link that you built following the ] before Date and Time."

You will never have to reference their random ID number because the retake link will identify them by the random response ID generated by Qualtrics.
Thanks guys!

Leave a Reply