Survey resume field, track terminal (survey validating agent) user | XM Community
Question

Survey resume field, track terminal (survey validating agent) user

• 9 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello,

I have two questions that I hope turn out to be simple and maybe I just don't know the right terms to search for prior answers.

I would like to have a survey that respondents fill out off-site, and then allow a technician to resume with an in-person encounter. Is there a way to resume without looking through incomplete surveys and just resume by a specific field?

Second question, if I have a particular person helping validate surveys in bulk (thousands), is there a way to just embed data so that all of the forms they complete will have their unique ID?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @mcase,

Just to understand the first question , you want your technician to resume the survey completed by respondent without viewing the data the respondent has entered already.

for the Second Question, Qualtrics assigns a unique id to each response called as ResponseID
though this is available only after the Survey has been completed.

Qualtrics has another way of assigning randomized Id to respondent as shown here

And the yet another way is through JS as follows:
You can add this code in addOnReadyFunction of the first question which will be displayed to all respondents.
`Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData( 'respIdCustom', new Date().valueOf() );`
And create an embedded data named : respIdCustom in Survey Flow at the top preferably.

Regards,
Nihal Chirayath
Userlevel 1
Badge
Good Morning! Thanks for the fast response.

Couple of things, No the survey auditor will need to be able to view the results that were prefilled before arrival. I figured this will almost just be as if the auditor is taking over the survey.

Current flow, survey is sent out to collect demographic material, then the auditor resumes, fills in the last 4 questions and submits. This is being used for vaccine verification, if that helps visualize it. Individuals are answering if they've had a reaction and their work ID, they make it to a prompt that says do not continue, then a vaccine administrator is at a workstation to verify that they do not have a reaction, and then give the vaccine.

I am trying to see if this can allow individuals to prefill their part offsite before coming in for the vaccination.

As for the second part, can I use the JS to have it embed the information for the workstation userid so every completed form results in who completed it to prevent them from entering their ID over and over?

Leave a Reply