Can I upload an excel database to store in Qualtrics? | XM Community
Solved

Can I upload an excel database to store in Qualtrics?

• 10 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I have an excel database that stores specific project information for a number of projects (not survey data). This includes things like project title, funder, client, year start, year end, etc.

I would like to transfer this database to be stored/edited in Qualtrics (like one might store a contact list). I would also like to be able to run quick analyses (for example, how many of our projects started in 2015).

I can run these quick descriptive analyses by Creating Project > Imported Data Project and uploading the file. However, I can't see all of the data in a table ot edit the data (or I just don't know how to).

Does anyone know if a way where I might be able to do this? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by KendraR 30 April 2019, 15:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hi @GretchenF
1.Create a project
2.Go to survey flow and add embedded data with the column name you have in excel
3.Save your excel file as CSV and keep in your local drive
3.Go to Data & Analysis tab and click on import & export data and then Import
4.Click on legacy import(You can check example file there or you can use that as well )
5.Browse your CSV file and upload
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @Gretchen! I just wanted to mention that you can also store files in the Files Library on Qualtrics. As far as seeing all of the data in the table in Data & Analysis, it sounds like you may need to add the missing columns to the table through the Tools menu. Additionally, you should be able to edit the data by using the Response Editing tool. Since this is a unique use case of the platform, feel free to reach out to our Support Team if you would like help using any of these tools!

Leave a Reply