How can I configure scoring for a personality test? | XM Community
Solved

How can I configure scoring for a personality test?

• 11 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to create scores for a Big Five personality test in a matrix format. However, I'm not allowed to display more than one category of scores at one time. Scores are also displayed in a right/wrong format. How can I display more scores (5) at once in a more neutral way?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 11 April 2019, 22:35

View original

3 replies

Badge +1
You can create multiple categories for scoring. Then in your question, you choose which scoring category you want and the value that each answer has towards that category. In your case, you would create 5 categories: openness, extroversion, etc.

By not allowed to display multiple categories, do you mean that Qualtrics won't allow you? You can create a descriptive text question and insert a table that displays each of the scoring categories.
> @WaterSampler said:

> By not allowed to display multiple categories, do you mean that Qualtrics won't allow you? You can create a descriptive text question and insert a table that displays each of the scoring categories.

Thanks for your answer. I've done the first step already. If I create a table with the scoring categories, will the table be updated according to the actual scores of the participants? How would I be able to do that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@emiju to display scores to a respondent you would use piped text. This will show the participant's actual score. I would recommend putting it on a new page after collecting their answers to make sure its "updating".

Leave a Reply