Dates and open text in Side by Side Questions | XM Community
Solved

Dates and open text in Side by Side Questions

• 12 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I want to use the side by side question to run through a roster of children in a family. For each child I want to collect the name, date of birth in the format of MM/YYYY and gender. Here are my questions:
1. How do I configure one of the columns to be a date entry field? Currently I have it set up as a drop down for months and then another for years, but this is not particularly elegant. The content validation on a text field doesn't seem to be doing anything or helping with the display for text field as a date entry field. I understand that I may need to use JavaScript for this, but where exactly does it go so it is specific to that column only?
2. How do I get rid of the "Answer 1" in the column for entry of the name? I can't figure this out. If I delete the answer you can't enter data.

Image of what I have now:
!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 April 2019, 06:18

View original

3 replies

Hello @CMJS_RA1 ,

For Question 2, you can replace Answer 1 with space .i.e. ` `

For Question 1, you need to use JS
Badge +1
Thank you Shashi. Using a space worked. Any instructions on how to implement JS for the date formatting in the side by side question would be helpful - I am not even sure where to start. Thanks for your help.
> @CMJS_RA1 said:
> Thank you Shashi. Using a space worked. Any instructions on how to implement JS for the date formatting in the side by side question would be helpful - I am not even sure where to start. Thanks for your help.

You can use Flatpicker on your second column of your side by side question with date format as mm/yy.

Leave a Reply