How can I report only first responses in Vocalize? | XM Community
Solved

How can I report only first responses in Vocalize?

• 15 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
I have a survey that some people took once and some people took twice. I do not want to delete any of the raw data, but I want to build out a Vocalize report that only shows results from a person's first survey response. Is there an easy way to do this? I can't find a way to filter on Response ID, which would work.
icon

Best answer by Subu 17 April 2019, 06:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hi @VirginiaM
If your data collection is done then you can add a flag in data for the records. Just mark all the records you want to consider and then you can use that flag in filter.
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
Thanks @Subu--how do I add a flag?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
You can use API, updateResponseEmbeddedData
You can run API from Postman.
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Subu I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the API or Postman
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Another work around is there, no complex but need to do few things - export data from your survey, mark those records which you want to keep. Add a flag variable to identify those. Only keep ResponseID and the flag variable and save the file as CSV. Change name ResponseID with something else like "rspid" or anything.
Now create a new survey and add 2 embedded data as "respid" and "Flag".
Import the csv file that you have saved(Legacy import).
In your dashboard project add this new survey as well. Add the data source in data mapping.
Map the ResponID of your main survey and the respid of your new second survey. Add the Flag variable in mapping part as well. Now go to your dashboard edit mode and you can have flag variable to work on.

Leave a Reply