How to carry forward a text entry from a matrix question | XM Community
Solved

How to carry forward a text entry from a matrix question

• 17 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Is it possible to bring the actual text entry from an "Other (specify)" item in a matrix question into a follow-up ranking question? Currently, it carries forward "Other (specify)" with the blank text entry box. Thanks!
!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 18 April 2019, 19:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Yes you can bring the verbatim response to your matrix question.

Pipe the text answe as your row label like using : "${q://QID44/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1}"

also apply display logic on this labels so that it is displayed only if other is clicked.
Badge +1
Thank you @bansalpeeyush29. I am trying to bring the verbatim response TO the ranking question FROM the matrix question using carry forward. In this case, I don't understand how I would get piped text into the ranking question...? Is there a way?
Hello @MCF ,

Select "Selected choices - Entered text" from the carry forward items.
Badge +1
Thanks @Shashi -- For the carry forward I have "Selected statements for scale point: Very Challenging" already selected here and it does not look like I can add a 2nd item "Selected choices - Entered text" to the carry forward...?
> @MCF said:
> Thanks @Shashi -- For the carry forward I have "Selected statements for scale point: Very Challenging" already selected here and it does not look like I can add a 2nd item "Selected choices - Entered text" to the carry forward...?

Understood the scenario:

Paste the below code in the Rank order question and change the piped text with the piped text of the text entry of the Matrix other statement

jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .InputText").attr("readonly",true).val("${q://QID7/ChoiceTextEntryValue/3}");

Leave a Reply