edited responses | XM Community
Solved

edited responses

• 23 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +2
is there a way to generate a report which would show if responses have been edited in various surveys?
icon

Best answer by w.patrick.gale 23 April 2019, 22:18

View original

7 replies

Badge +1
@Fabienne, for questions that have a click response, you could put the question in its own block and count the number of clicks.

If you wanted to do some javascript, you could add some logic to verify that the click was on a different response (e.g., changed a multiple choice answer). The answer could then be saved to a hidden question.

This would get complex very fast.
Badge +2
thanks, but that seems to be complicated for me 🙂
Badge +1
It depends upon what information you are trying to get. If you are a bit more specific, there might be a more apt solution.

For example, we are using Qualtrics as a data entry tool. The user enters data from a field postcard, and, at the end of the entry, compares what was entered to the postcard. If it does not compare (the user answers yes/no), the user is brought back to the start of the survey to edit any mistakes. This gets flagged in a hidden question so that we can do a quality control check after the physical postcard is returned. Longitudinally, if a user makes frequent edits then all postcards go through the QC process.
Badge +2
actually what i meant was: how do we track response changes/edits made by the survey administrator in the data&analysis tab? this is in relation to data integrity.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
@Fabienne I looked in reports and data analysis sections and was not able to find anything. I would upvote a feature request to at least be able to download original versions of the data so the edited data could be compared to the original using BeyondCompare or other. Currently you are only able to download the latest edited version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
I think you can cross verify the two formats of data legacy and tabular data. As i remember when we do any manual edits to data using data analysis tab they will appear in tabular data format while in legacy these changes will not be reflected, you can give it a try.
Badge +2
Thanks everyone, good idea to ask for a feature request!

Leave a Reply