Reporting Numerical Text Responses | XM Community
Solved

Reporting Numerical Text Responses

• 25 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Is there some way to make numerical text responses easier to view? My survey asks for age to be entered in a text response box, and so far I've had numbers ranging from 19 to 24. However, the reports section shows these responses in a table, which is extremely bulky. Could I possible get some sort of bar graph for text responses like I see for other responses?
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 25 April 2019, 05:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
If you are using the Numeric type you can show only Average Age and if you want to show %age for each age group you can do as below:-
You can punch data in some embedded variable say Final_Age and punch it based on conditions like
if(q1 == 19) Final_Age=19 Years.... and then use this embed variable in reporting.

Or you can also create age buckets like 19-20, 21-22, 23-24.
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> If you are using the Numeric type you can show only Average Age and if you want to show %age for each age group you can do as below:-
> You can punch data in some embedded variable say Final_Age and punch it based on conditions like
> if(q1 == 19) Final_Age=19 Years.... and then use this embed variable in reporting.

I was able to do this and create a bar graph of ages, but there seem to be only 6 available spots for x-axis values and no visible way to add more. I currently have at least 8 different ages (18-24, 30), so the bar graph doesn't show the last two. Is there any way to display the missing values?

Leave a Reply