Authorization and creation of empty contacts | XM Community
Solved

Authorization and creation of empty contacts

• 29 April 2019
  • 2 replies

I work for student support services and we have created a online form that a student would use multiple times throughout the semester. I have successfully created a contact sheet and identified embedded data. In using the students ID code as part of the embedded data reference category of the contact list. I have been able to successfully login the student account. The student will use the same form for each class the student takes. I was successful in using the loop merge feature successfully.

Here's the problem: if you log in with the same student ID number twice or three times and fill out the form. I received a new contact added to the contact list that is blank. I'm making an assumption that this is a setting issue and I'm not sure how to fix this.

Thank!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 April 2019, 07:03

View original

2 replies

Hello @Ken_BHCC1

Assuming you are creating or rather adding contact to contact list using contact list trigger, make sure you have checked "Update existing list members"
OR
Please see the below notes:

Qtip: Update existing contact list members will only update if the Individual Link or Multiple Completes Link were used in a survey invitation, or if an Authenticator is used.
If you do not have Deduplication enabled or have Research Core Contacts, the emailed/authenticated contact list must be the same one in the trigger. Otherwise, a new contact will be created in the contact list instead. If you do have deduplication enabled in XM Directory, the contact list does not need to be the same.

Resource: here
thanks!

Leave a Reply