Copy Filters from one Project to Another | XM Community
Solved

Copy Filters from one Project to Another

• 30 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to copy filters from one survey project to another? I have a large amount of filters associated with a now archived survey (project) and need to either copy them to the new survey or recreate all of them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks much!
Jenn
icon

Best answer by KendraR 8 May 2019, 04:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You can save questions that contain display logic. However, the survey flow doesn't save to the library. The best way to transfer that type of information is to copy the whole project from the main Projects page, and then edit any information in there accordingly.

Alternatively, create just the filters and flows in a new project to copy and paste as often as you need.

!
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @Jenn_D! There is currently no built-in way to save filters across projects and you will need to rebuild them for each survey. If you are interested in a feature for the ability to save filters across projects, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
Just wondering if now that some time has gone by whether anyone had managed to find a solution to this. Copying project is not going to be possible if you want the saved filter moved onto an existing project.
Any thoughts most welcome. eg. API??
Updte: just added this to an existing product idea in the ideas section incase there is no quick solution but fingers crossed there is: https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/17698/copy-filters
I'd be grateful if you could upvote it.
Thanks
Rod Pestell

Leave a Reply