Making Question Tables Wider on the Survey Page | XM Community

Making Question Tables Wider on the Survey Page

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
I am cross-posting here what I found in the Developer Section under a title that is less technical than what I stumbled upon. My team was designing a survey and the questions in tables were showing a scroll bar across the bottom. We tried searching under Margins without success because the changes these answers were suggesting were not fixing the key problem. I tried a search using table width in my question and came upon a thread using the phrase Matrix tables. In there, I found the Custom CSS code that will let you change the amount of space your table uses on your survey page. Default is 750px. To use more space on the page, go into Look and Feel in your survey and copy/paste the following into the Custom CSS section:
.Skin .QuestionOuter.Matrix{max-width:1000px}

Obviously, you can change the 1000px to any number you wish. Enjoy!

8 replies

Did not work for me. can you help?
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Can you either share you survey or send me a screenshot of where you have the CSS content? Also, what web browser are you using? I think most of this stuff works better with 'not IE' browsers. 🙂
> @ssofat90 said:
> Did not work for me. can you help?

Try adding the below script in the header:

<script>
if(jQuery("div").hasClass("Matrix")){
jQuery(".SkinInner").css("width","98vw")
}
</script>
Do you know how to manage the width of columns of a table within a question?
The table is created using a "web service" component, and currently qualtrics presents the columns with different widths.
Badge +1
It works for me! Thank you so much.
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
@ClaraT Sorry for the delay. My login didn't work on Tuesday. I've never done anything that uses web services for a table within a question so I am not sure where you should go to fix the width unless you can add or edit some HTML or JavaScript associated with the table. Not much help here.

@PaulBertin Glad you found something that worked for you.

I'd like to decrease the margin as well but only for one unique question, is that possible?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

You may want to look at the suggestion below regarding the use of JavaScript for single question margin changes.
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/2840/javascript-to-move-the-margin-of-a-question

Leave a Reply