Best Practices for Providing Generated Completion Codes | XM Community

Best Practices for Providing Generated Completion Codes

I am grad student setting up a qualification test followed by a survey on Qualtrics that will be linked to a crowd sourcing platform such as Mechanical Turk. We want to have codes we can give to participants to enter on Turk when they complete the tasks. From reading guides online, it seems the most common way to handle this is to use the inbuilt random number generator and then link this value to the end of the survey.

However, after some discussion with my adviser and another researcher with more experience in this area, I was advised to use pre-generated distinct codes instead of the inbuilt random number generator. I've searched the support materials and the community and I haven't found an obvious way to do this straightforwardly entirely within Qualtrics. It seems that the way to handle this would be through a web service call. My questions are: 1) Is this be the most appropriate way to handle this task and 2) does anyone have advice on best practices when doing something like this (either within Qualtrics or in setting up a web service)?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply