Custom code for ‘Pick, Group, and Rank’ question type | XM Community
Solved

Custom code for ‘Pick, Group, and Rank’ question type

I created a table in the email body to pull through the responses selected for each question. For reference, the question has 3 groups ('Location writes this line', Location does not write this line', and 'Location uses a Wholesales to write this line') that a survey taker can drag different answer options into (no limit to how many options can be in each group, but there are a total of 8 options). How can I use custom code to display the information by group and rank within the email trigger? I'm not familiar with custom coding in Qualtrics, so any help would be great! Thanks.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 6 May 2019, 20:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm not wholly understanding your question, specifically when you say you want to display the information by group and rank within the email trigger. Do you mean you're trying to output an email with that information included? Can you post a screenshot of what you're trying to do?
Yes, I'm trying to pull through responses for the survey questions into a table I've created in the body of the email trigger using piped text (please see attached snippet) since the default way the responses are formatted is difficult to read. I'm struggling to bring back the responses for a grouping type question which I was told would require custom code.

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Ah, I gotcha now. I think you should be able to do this, it will just take a bit of leg work on your part to figure out what the context is. I mocked up how you can find out the field names:

!

You can format it the same way as you have the Question and Response table: Just do "Item" and "Rank".

Hope that helps!

Leave a Reply