Missing data in csv export to excel | XM Community
Solved

Missing data in csv export to excel

Hi! I am trying to export the data from my recent survey as a csv file to excel. I had approx 15 q's, 4 of which were likert scales. When downloading as choice text, the responses to the likert scales are only displaying if the participant selected 'somewhat negative'. if they selected another response the cell is blank in excel. What is going on, why isn't it exporting all the data? If i export as numeric all the data is available. Any suggestions?! I am a complete novice at these programmes (but as a midwife in my day job I am excellent at catching babies) !
!
icon

Best answer by Kate 8 May 2019, 14:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
this looks something strange, can you try exporting data in legacy format if you are exporting same to tabular or vice versa.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I would contact support- that feels like a technical error they should be aware of. I've never seen anything like that.

My "have you tried turning it off and back on again?" solution that seems to solve a lot of such issues is to refresh your account. Give that a go and try to re-download. But TBH this is not a bullet-proof solution, just a quick thing to try.

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
While you wait for help from Support I suggest you download as numeric values since you said that is working. Then you can highlight the questions which you want to replace with value labels and run a find and replace in Excel. For instance, a condition of your find and replace might be: Find 1, Match exact cell contents, Replace "no effect". You can go into the survey editor, and look at the recode values setting to make sure you are matching the correct number with the correct label.

Leave a Reply