question display order | XM Community
Solved

question display order

Badge
Based on the answer to Q1, the survey will either display Q2 first then Q3, or Q3 first then Q2. I cannot have these as separate questions, as the data needs to reside in the same bucket. A real-life example is that if your answer to Q1 is China, Japan, or Hungary, I want the survey to ask for your Surname then your Given Name. If your answer to Q1 is any other country, the survey will ask for your Given Name then your Surname. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by JenCX 8 May 2019, 19:12

View original

3 replies

Hello @Jeff ,

One of the solution is - Create the questions (Q1, Q2, Q3) in different block i.e each block will have one question. Now from the survey flow add the branch logic condition on answer choice of Q1 and show respective sequence blocks.
Badge
Thanks for the quick response. I should also add that I don't want the Given Name and Surname questions to appear on different pages of the survey. Separating the questions into unique blocks will automatically introduce page breaks, which makes for an awkward survey experience.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Jeff,

What I would do is create 3 blocks: 1 with Q1, 1 with Q2 and then Q3 and 1 with Q3 and then Q2. You'll use branching logic after the block with Q1 to pick which of the blocks to present, then store the value in an Embedded Data field. That way, you'll be able to manage the presentation correctly and still report on the values even though they're from 2 different questions.

Leave a Reply