Email Actions Stop Working After Changing Embedded Data Email Addresses? | XM Community
Solved

Email Actions Stop Working After Changing Embedded Data Email Addresses?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I am using Qualtrics like an application system in which I use embedded data fields that = specific email addresses. I use actions to create an almost Docusign-like process in which a retake response link (?Q_R) is utilized to send the same survey to multiple respondents (i.e., approver1, approver2, submitted). I take embedded data fields that = participant's answers from previous questions and bring them into new application summary pages that each new participant/approver sees. As I have built this, periodically I have been changing the email addresses associated with those embedded data fields and am finding that the email actions just stop working after changing these? I have tried recreating the actions, not using embedded data emails within the actions but rather I type their emails directly into the action, and have even tried to switch from using an action to a trigger. Nothing will work. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by JenCX 10 May 2019, 19:38

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Are you using the actions from the actions tab or the Tools drop down? If it's the latter, try switching to the Actions tab. I've heard this is a much more reliable way to do it.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Do you mean a trigger vs an action? I tried adjusting it to a trigger but even that didn't work. I don't see an action in the Tools drop-down?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I meant using tools versus actions to trigger an email upon survey completion, but sounds like you may have tried both ways.

Can you show us a screenshot of your action?
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
!
!

Keep in mind that nothing changed from when it was working until now other than changing the email address in the survey flow
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Nothing looks wonky to me with the email address itself, but can you show us the actual action?

What does the Action Reporting show you when you're trying to test this?
!
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
That is one of the interesting things is that it doesn't even show up as initiating. No error, it just doesn't even show up?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
> @jpardicusick said:
> Nothing looks wonky to me with the email address itself, but can you show us the actual action?
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
That is one of the interesting things is that it doesn't even show up as initiating. No error, it just doesn't even show up?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Sorry, I'd like to try to help you but I don't have enough information to do further troubleshooting. I'd recommend contacting support, as they can get into your survey and look at what's happening.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Thanks. I appreciate you taking a crack at it anyway. Take care.

Leave a Reply