Merging data from qualtrics and paper surveys | XM Community
Solved

Merging data from qualtrics and paper surveys

• 10 May 2019
  • 4 replies

I conducted a survey using qualtrics platform as well as manual paper surveys. I now want to analyze the entire data together. How can I merge my paper survey data with the qualtrics data. Do I need to enter all the paper survey data one by one on the qualtrics survey link that I shared for data collection? Is there some easier option?
Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Kate 10 May 2019, 15:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Create the qualtrics survey to mimic the paper survey, and then use the import option to upload all the responses that you have coded in from a spreadhseet.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/import-and-export-surveys/

I would enter _one_ via the survey link, then export it to add/code the reamining responses. That will make your import process easy-peasy.
Thanks!
Badge +7
First - it is assumed that the paper surveys have already been transcribed to a spreadsheet. I have a hunch that this hasn't happened yet. So - unless you used a paper form that is extremely well formatted and the responses very very rigidly marked down, the only way to get them into a spreadsheet is to transcribe the contents anyway. You might as well enter them into the survey as it is.
Yes, you are right. I haven't transcribed it to a spreadsheet. I was wondering whether to transcribe the responses to a spreadsheet and then import it to qualtrics or to enter the responses from paper questionnaire directly on the qualtrics survey link, just like a respondent of my survey. It now seems to me that entering the data through the qualtrics survey link should be easier.
Thanks a lot for your response.

Leave a Reply