Dashboard Formatting, creating a blank column | XM Community
Solved

Dashboard Formatting, creating a blank column

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Hi All,

I'd like to make a spacer column / blank field in my simple table widget of a dashboard in order to make it more visible to identify different sets of date ranges, eg YTD and last 30 days. I've tried using the formatting rules but this doesn't always work as when you get a blank value the cell display '-' and you don't get a colour base don the format rules. So to turn this on it's head, I though about creating a blank column to act as a white spacer between sets of values. Is there a way to create a field that remains blank when displaying in a dashboard simple table AND will not display a '-' or N/A? The pic attached show the table I'm trying to split in a more visual way AND without having to use two widgets.

I'm familiar with embedded data and the dashboards setting page so if anyone has done this already it would be good to known what worked best and the caveats.

Thanks very much

Rod

!
icon

Best answer by KendraR 23 May 2019, 18:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @Rod_Pestell! Unfortunately, there is currently no way to create a blank embedded data field. When you try to set an embedded data field as blank it will come through as either no data or, if you set the field equal to a space, the HTML code for a space will appear. If you have not yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea! 😃
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
HI All and @KendraR, I've recently discovered a special character that will allow this. Just use the Character Map application in Windows, choose Arial font (or something similar) and scroll down about 3/4 or 5/6 of the way unti lyou see some blank white blocks. One is called Zero Width Non-Joiner. The only way to use it is to click select and then copy. You can't use alt+xxx method to type it as the web browser won't accept it. But pasting it works a treat!

Please can this comment be accepted at the answer

Thanks

Rod

!

Leave a Reply