Organizational Hierarchy in Employee Lifecycle Projects? | XM Community
Solved

Organizational Hierarchy in Employee Lifecycle Projects?

Badge +1
Is there anyway to get organizational hierarchies into employee lifecycle projects? Seems like a big miss to have them available in engagement projects but not in lifecycles projects. Any work arounds here?
icon

Best answer by KendraR 20 May 2019, 22:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @PSimmons! Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that it is currently not possible to have organizational hierarchies in Employee Lifecycle projects. If you have any further questions about this or would like some help setting up your project, be sure to reach out to our Support Team! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
> @KendraR said:
> Hi, @PSimmons! Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that it is currently not possible to have organizational hierarchies in Employee Lifecycle projects. If you have any further questions about this or would like some help setting up your project, be sure to reach out to our Support Team! 😃

Does "currently not" mean that it would be in the future?
I can't understand why the hierarchy isn't available. You equally want dashboards for BU Managers on EL projects, so why would the org hierarchy be omitted from this type...
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I agree, it's an inconsistent product experience and an assumption that we thought we would have when we bought both employee engagement and lifecycle functionality.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
"I can't understand why the hierarchy isn't available. You equally want dashboards for BU Managers on EL projects, so why would the org hierarchy be omitted from this type..."
Agreed. The idea was that on EL projects you don't usually have numbers high enough to meet any sensible anonymity threshold or even be interesting for lower level managers, but for higher level managers, it is interesting.
However, even if there is no hierarchy, you can still have line managers or organisational levels as meta data and use this for a workaround to
- filter in dashboards
- create roles for dashboard users (e.g. heads of country would have role with data limited to "country same as dashboard user's"

Leave a Reply