"Randomly" and "without replacement" assignment based on "participation order" | XM Community
Solved

"Randomly" and "without replacement" assignment based on "participation order"

Hi!
I have 3 issues for which I need your solution: "1) Randomly and 2) without replacement" assigning questions to participants based on their "participation order"! I need to know how Qualtrics can do all these 3 things for me.

I have explained what I should do via Qualtrics survey:

For the first 35 participants who answer the survey:
1) Randomly and without replacement assign 3 of 21 skills to 7 different groups.
2) The first 5 participants (of the first 35 participants) should rank all the K.A.s and P.C.s for the first group of 3 skills in the following way:
2-1) Participant 1
2-1-1) Randomly and without replacement assign 2 of 10 U.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-1-2) Randomly and without replacement assign 2 of 10 D.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-1-3) Randomly and without replacement assign 3 of 12 P.C.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-2) Participant 2
2-2-1) Randomly and without replacement assign 2 of 8 remaining U.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-2-2) Randomly and without replacement assign 2 of 8 remaining D.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-2-3) Randomly and without replacement assign 3 of 9 remaining P.C.s r for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-5) Participant 5
2-5-1) Assign 2 of 2 remaining U.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-5-2) Assign 2 of 2 remaining D.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
Note: Since there is no remaining P.C.s, this participant will not rank the P.C.s requirement for the first group of 3 skills
3) The second 5 participants (of the first 35 participants) should rank all the K.A.s and P.C.s for the second group of 3 skills in the same way as mentioned.
7) The seventh 5 participants (of the first 35 participants) should rank all the K.A.s and P.C.s for the seventh group of 3 skills in the same way as mentioned.
Note: It means that 7×5=35 participants should take part to have all the K.A.s and P.C.s ranked for all the 21 skills one time.
For the second 35 participants who will answer the survey, do the whole process again. We will continue data collection until the 100th group of 35 participants complete the survey.

I really appreciate if you let me know how Qualtrics can do these 3 things for me!
icon

Best answer by JenCX 15 May 2019, 18:45

View original

5 replies

Hi! How can I assign questions randomly and without replacement to different participants?
Hi,

You can use "Randomizer" in survey flow and assign the number (how many question you want to show randomly to each respondent).

Thanks
Hi!
I have 3 issues for which I need your solution: "1) Randomly and 2) without replacement" assigning questions to participants based on their "participation order"! I need to know how Qualtrics can do all these 3 things for me.

I have explained what I should do via Qualtrics survey:

For the first 35 participants who answer the survey:
1) Randomly and without replacement assign 3 of 21 skills to 7 different groups.
2) The first 5 participants (of the first 35 participants) should rank all the K.A.s and P.C.s for the first group of 3 skills in the following way:
2-1) Participant 1
2-1-1) Randomly and without replacement assign 2 of 10 U.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-1-2) Randomly and without replacement assign 2 of 10 D.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-1-3) Randomly and without replacement assign 3 of 12 P.C.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-2) Participant 2
2-2-1) Randomly and without replacement assign 2 of 8 remaining U.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-2-2) Randomly and without replacement assign 2 of 8 remaining D.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-2-3) Randomly and without replacement assign 3 of 9 remaining P.C.s r for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-5) Participant 5
2-5-1) Assign 2 of 2 remaining U.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
2-5-2) Assign 2 of 2 remaining D.K.A.s for ranking their requirements for each skill from the first group of 3 skills
Note: Since there is no remaining P.C.s, this participant will not rank the P.C.s requirement for the first group of 3 skills
3) The second 5 participants (of the first 35 participants) should rank all the K.A.s and P.C.s for the second group of 3 skills in the same way as mentioned.
7) The seventh 5 participants (of the first 35 participants) should rank all the K.A.s and P.C.s for the seventh group of 3 skills in the same way as mentioned.
Note: It means that 7×5=35 participants should take part to have all the K.A.s and P.C.s ranked for all the 21 skills one time.
For the second 35 participants who will answer the survey, do the whole process again. We will continue data collection until the 100th group of 35 participants complete the survey.

I really appreciate if you let me know how Qualtrics can do these 3 things for me!
Thank you for your comment on my first question!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
That sounds super complicated but I believe you can accomplish this with Quotas and Embedded Data and both Survey Flow Randomizers and Question Randomization.

Leave a Reply