Setting a Report Filter on Progress | XM Community
Solved

Setting a Report Filter on Progress

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
In Reports, when setting a filter based on Survey Metadata, is it possible to set a filter based on Progress. I have some surveys that are 75% complete or more that I would like to count, but it seems that you can only set it on Finished, which will leave out some almost completed answers.
icon

Best answer by Kate 20 May 2019, 22:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
This is not possible out-of-the-box. However, you can build in the capability. Place ebedded data markets as your survey continues:
Progress = 25
Progress=50
Progress=75
Progress=100

This will over-write the data as the user progresses, and you will be able to filter reports based off progress. Simply filter for the embedded data category.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I tried this out, and it wouldn't let me use Progress as an embedded field name since it is reserved. So I will invent a new name and try that.

I assume the "NewName=50" would be placed approximately half way through the survey?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
> @BruceK said:
> I tried this out, and it wouldn't let me use Progress as an embedded field name since it is reserved. So I will invent a new name and try that.
>
> I assume the "NewName=50" would be placed approximately half way through the survey?

You nailed it, @BruceK. That should work great for you. Just place the markers wherever it is you will want to be able to filter.

You could even do BlockProgress=Block1Finished, BlockProgress=Block2Finished, etc.. if there was a ton of content. You can assign any structure that makes sense for you this way.

Leave a Reply