What is the cause for the "Your session was outdated" information message?

LachlanTLachlanT Community Member Qubie ✭

What is the cause for the "Your session was outdated" information message?

Some people receiving email links to the survey are reviving an information message with the text "Your session was outdated, but we have updated you to your most recent response." It is the first time they have completing the survey so there has been no prior session.

Best Answer

• JenCXJenCX Broomfield, CO Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hmm. I've never seen that error message before. I'd suggest contacting Qualtrics support if it's a first-time survey, since that sounds a little odd.

Answers

• samhoward1samhoward1 American ForkCommunity Member Qubie ✭
    edited June 11

I have just had a customer experience this same issue. Each time they try to submit the survey, the message shows up again. Test email/surveys sent to our team don't show the message, so we had no way of anticipating it. The customer even tried submitting the survey using a few different browsers.

I really need to make sure this doesn't happen again. It's lucky that we've just submitted this survey to a small group of people that already like us.

P.S. I've already reached out to Support.

Also, I don't think the above post should be labeled as "Accepted Answer". If this type of error happens, there should be an explanation documented here instead of just "contact support."

• psymonds1psymonds1 UKCommunity Member Qubie ✭

I had a customer experience the same thing and Qualtrics support said it was because they were using Outlook and had the security settings on Safelink. Don't know what that is but it can't be very popular a I run thousands of business surveys every year and have never seen this problem before!

Sign In to Comment