Creating short individual links or survey protection for individuals | XM Community
Solved

Creating short individual links or survey protection for individuals

• 23 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi. Thank you first for helping me out for technical issues on distribution of my survey.

I would like to know some options to create individuals links. Some of the surveys in my research project has limited information on my Contact List (i.e, we only have some basic information of respondents but email address.) However, I am not opted to use anonymous links as I would like to identify each respondent in a data set.

I am aware that there is an option to create individual links with Contact list and shorten with other url shortners (googl or tinyurl or bitly.. etc) so that I can send out invitation letters with individual url address for each respondent (outside the Qualtrics). But is there any option to customize (preferably simple and short) urls for each respondent in Qualtrics? some other survey programs do have this kind of function for a paid plan.

Alternative options that I can think of is to assign a ID and password to each respondent along with anonymous link. But then is there any question type to check whether they enter the valid ID and password and only allow people with correct ID and password to start the survey and restrict or warn people that they enter the wrong ID or password?

For example, I find "Survey Option- Password Protection. This password must be entered to take this survey:...." allowing unique password for a survey. But again with this method, I cannot identify respondents in data. Would you have any experience with setting up different passwords for respondents (mainly, for the identification purpose)?

SIncerely
Hyun
icon

Best answer by TomG 23 March 2018, 13:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I'm not aware of a url shortener within Qualtrics, but I haven't looked for one in a long time.

You can use an Authenticator block in your survey flow to check for valid id and password.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @TomG said:
> I'm not aware of a url shortener within Qualtrics, but I haven't looked for one in a long time.
>
> You can use an Authenticator block in your survey flow to check for valid id and password.

And in doing so, pipe the authentication value (email in this case) an embedded data field so that you can identify them.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Any updates or suggestions for 3d party short URL services to make a short URL link for survey?
I would use Google, but they stop providing new service

BTW, I am also going to use QR Code for survey URL. Any suggestions which one to use? I have not done it before yet. Which type or standard is the most compatible with older phones?

Thanks!

Is there any way to customize a hyperlink without Qualtrics.com and other stuffs on Qualtrics? Like a Short individual url

Leave a Reply