Record end of survey message? | XM Community
Solved

Record end of survey message?

Badge +2
I have a custom End of survey message that I pipe some unique text from each respondent to and I would like to be able to keep a copy of this. But when I export all the responses or individual ones to PDF I get everything except the end of survey a message. Is there a way to capture this message or does have to be a new feature?
icon

Best answer by Ronv 23 May 2019, 22:12

View original

5 replies

Badge +1
If you create the unique text, you could put it into an embedded data variable first, then put it into a hidden question for your use later. If the text is created from user responses, you could also recreate it after you export the data.
Badge +2
Yes, I thought about the hidden question as I do that for another survey but I already have this message sent to an email trigger if I add it to a hidden question we will have to remember to update the end of survey message, the trigger and the hidden question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
You can create an embedded data field equal to the HTML of your end of survey message, inclusive of any piped values you are including in your end of survey message. That will show exactly what the end of survey message for each response was if you export as a PDF, but it will not work if you export as a CSV.

However, if you are just trying to see _which_ end of survey message a given response saw, then I would create an identifier embedded data field and place it just before the end of survey element in the survey flow. Example: EOS Message = [1,2 or 3].

The best option depends on what you are trying to accomplish with this.
Badge +2
Oh Wow, it did not occur to me that I could set the embedded data with the full HTML. That worked brilliantly! It’s going to be helpful with my other surveys as well. Thanks a ton you have restored my faith in the internet!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @Ronv said:
> Oh Wow, it did not occur to me that I could set the embedded data with the full HTML. That worked brilliantly! It’s going to be helpful with my other surveys as well. Thanks a ton you have restored my faith in the internet!

Glad I could help. I felt very clever when I stumbled upon that little trick.

Leave a Reply