Record Last Question when partially completed responses are set to complete. | XM Community
Question

Record Last Question when partially completed responses are set to complete.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Hi All,

in the In progress part of the survey data and anlysis, there is a field called 'Last Question'. For surveys that remain partially completed and then after a week are converted to completed, it would be great to record the question they reached. This field doesn't seem to be available outside the in progress part and so I probably need to find a work around. Any bright ideas (the simple the better) would be greatfull. We have over 100 questions in the survey by the way and so I would rather not be setting up a field and adding an embedded field below each question (perhaps by block would be doaable) but please let me know all your ideas first so that I can figure out what might work.

!

Thanks

Rod

4 replies

Hello @Rod_Pestell ,

You can add a header script as - on submit capture the QID in an embedded data.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Hi Shashi,

That sounds like that will work for future response - thanks. Please could you help advise on the script? I assume when you say header you, mean I add a script to the header part of the theme window? Do you have to publish the survey to make this active?

I had a quick look and am thinking the script will involve the method setembeddeddata (https://s.qualtrics.com/WRAPI/QuestionAPI/classes/Qualtrics%20JavaScript%20Question%20API.html#method_setEmbeddedData)?

Also, is there any way to do this for past responses?

Thanks.

Rod
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Hi @Shashi,

Any chance you could advise on the script to use in the header. I'm a VBA programmer but not java so would be grateful for some initial help.

Thanks

Rod
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Rod_Pestell Just wanted to hop in here and suggest you contact support to file a Feature Request. I just did too because the data exists and I want it!

Leave a Reply