How are people handling the new ability for brand admins to create themes? | XM Community

How are people handling the new ability for brand admins to create themes?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Regarding the new ability for brand admins to create themes, how are people communicating this to their brand? I'm coming from a higher ed environment and we are holding off on letting everybody know that we can create themes for them to avoid a potential influx of requests that we can't keep up with. This is a big deal as themes are now unlimited and free!
I'm curious what the workflow is like for other brands, or how others are planning on utilizing this feature. Feel free to add any thoughts!

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@jesslyn_boisclair, MSU is doing the same as you! We had a standardized template created when we purchased our license the first year, and there are a few residual ones out there for specific colleges that had purchased a license before we went Enterprise.

Our plan is to NOT advertise it. It's a nice feature, but we don't have the personnel to manage the requests nor are we integrated enough with our University Communications team where we could get approval with brand standards in an efficient way.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Good to hear that another institution is approaching this similarly, @MichelleC! We'd like to advertise this eventually, but we certainly need to be strategic about it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
UMN is also not currently promoting this.
Userlevel 4
Badge +17

I like it a lot, but as the admin when I create a survey I don't get the default selected theme and end up with a old version. I have learned that I should have been a little less strict in my CSS. Also I which I could set more within the templates like the next and previous buttons.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

We are not using it yet--we have created creatives for our baseline survey that coordinate to the branding on each website, and because approval is needed for each survey including the questionnaire and invitation, we're not making changes. That said, I agree that it's potentially a useful new technology.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

We've set up themes for our admins to use to short-cut survey creation, but we would not be able to "promote" this capability to other users.

1. We don't have the manpower to support a lot of custom theme designs, beyond the branded color themes we have implemented.

2. We find that the theme only gets us 50% of what we need to enable users to rely on us less and still stay "in brand". For instance, all of our surveys use a custom footer document, which is translated for all the languages we field surveys in.... the themes builder lets us put in static text, but not to link to the approved message. Same with the translated "Next" button we use, or the preferred layout that should be implemented. So the themes are a nice add but in their current incarnation they only get us so far.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

CarolK - as a university brand administrator - I agree with you on all your points about this feature. Thanks for sharing this.

Leave a Reply