Inline question does not work | XM Community
Solved

Inline question does not work

Userlevel 1
Hi everybody,

I am currently testing a mail with an inline question. The problem is the following:
When I choose one of the options on the mail, the survey opens in a new page and restarts since the first question (the one you already answered in the email, with no choice selected). I expected the survey to start since the second question, having saved the results of the inline question.

Am I making any mistake or is it the right functionality of the solution?
icon

Best answer by Chris_Sousa 3 June 2019, 14:17

View original

3 replies

Badge +1
I've experienced the same problem when opening the invitation in Microsoft Outlook. The question choice doesn't carry over when the survey opens in your browser. It works fine when I tested with my gmail account, but won't work in Outlook. I called Qualtrics Support and was told that this is an Outlook issue. I'm not sure if it matters which version you have of MS Office, but you might want to check. I have MS Office 2010 on my laptop.
Regards,
Chris S
Alliance HealthCare Services
Userlevel 1
> @Chris_Sousa said:
> I've experienced the same problem when opening the invitation in Microsoft Outlook. The question choice doesn't carry over when the survey opens in your browser. It works fine when I tested with my gmail account, but won't work in Outlook. I called Qualtrics Support and was told that this is an Outlook issue. I'm not sure if it matters which version you have of MS Office, but you might want to check. I have MS Office 2010 on my laptop.
> Regards,
> Chris S
> Alliance HealthCare Services

Thanks for sharing you experience! Nonetheless, I experienced this issue with a gmail account (hotmail).. anyway, as many people are likely to have different kind of mail accounts, maybe it is preferable not to use inline question at all..
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @BettoLamacchia! This sounds like this may not be intended functionality. If you haven't already, I would recommend that you reach out to our Support Team so they can take a closer look into your specific use case! 😃

Leave a Reply