Possible to assign participants to a specific block based on how the randomizer have assigned them? | XM Community
Solved

Possible to assign participants to a specific block based on how the randomizer have assigned them?

Hi all!

So for my study, I'm doing an 2 x 2 experiment with 4 conditions. Let's suppose the conditions are called as following:

Condition 1= A
Condition 2= AA
Condition 3= B
Condition 4= BB

Condition 1 & 2 belong to the same category, and condition 3 & 4 as well.

I want to assign participants randomly (and evenly) to either condition 1 or condition 3. However, based on that, I need to have the participants that are assigned to condition 1 to be answering the questions in condition 2 AFTER they finished all the questions in condition 1. The same goes for condition 3: I need participants to be assigned to condition 4 AFTER they finished the questions in condition 3.

I was wondering if that's possible in Qualtrics through ''randomizer''? Because if I add all the 4 conditions in the randomizer, participants will be assigned randomly to 1 of the 4 conditions, which I don't want. I need to link A to AA, and B to BB, AFTER they finished the questions in the assigned condition.

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks a lot!

Yuna.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 June 2019, 21:40

View original

3 replies

Hello @Yuna0712 ,

Put condition 1 and 2 in one group element and condition 3 and 4 in another. Put both group under randomizer and check evenly present 1.
Hi Shashi, thanks for the quick reply! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks alot! o:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@yuna0721 If you put all the 2 elements under 2 randomizer, it will randomly assign 1 or 2, then randomly 3 or 4. It sounds like you want to randomly assign 1 or 2, then if 1 than 3 or if 2 than 4. To do this you will need a combination of a randomizer on 1/2 and branch logic on 3/4.

Leave a Reply