How can I have a matrix table question display additional rows based on user interaction? | XM Community
Solved

How can I have a matrix table question display additional rows based on user interaction?

• 6 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi all!

I have a matrix table question for which I would like the user to be able to specify and respond to additional "Other" choices. I'd prefer to only have one row with a blank "Other" text box statement visible at a time.

For (a silly) example:
Mark how many hours you spend in each room in your house:
* Kitchen
* Living room
* Bathroom
* Other (please explain) ________
etc., where each "Other" option would only appear once the previous "Other" option has been filled in.

I tried adding display logic to the additional "Other" statements (to be displayed if the previous "Other" text entry "is not empty"), but the statements don't show up.

Is there a way to do this built into Qualtrics (or any other way to achieve this)?

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Nadaly 6 June 2019, 18:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Unfortunately, the display logic will only activate after the question is answered, so you'll need some custom code to accomplish this. Luckily, we have a bunch of great coders on this site who may be able to help (I'm not one of them).
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
@applejax, I had a similar issue that was solved by @Shashi in this thread:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/3027/side-by-side-matrix-with-10-rows-can-i-show-rows-only-on-demand-using-a-button#latest
Thanks, everyone!

Leave a Reply