Survey Termination - Redirecting to a Full URL | XM Community

Survey Termination - Redirecting to a Full URL

Hello!

We just transitioned to Qualtrics from Wufoo, and I've got a question that I haven't been able to resolve with Customer Support.

I created this landing page and embedded a Qualtrics registration form: https://gardner-webb.edu/admissions-and-financial-aid/undergraduate-admissions/visit-us/transfer-open-house

I configured the form to redirect to a thank you page so that we can source and conversions through Google Analytics.

However, the custom thank you page is also embedded on the registration form instead of having the user just go to the thank you page. This doesn't look good!

!

Is there a way I can get users to land on the thank you page? (link: https://gardner-webb.edu/thank-you-pages/transfer-open-house-thank-you)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cindy

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
Hi @ctribucher
Do you have a .qsf file that you could share? I'm not sure I understand how this is working and it would help to look under the hood.
Hi @VirginiaM,

Thanks for offering to take a look. Attached is the .qsf file.

Cindy
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
Okay, I see what you're talking about now. I think this may have to be fixed on your website instead of in Qualtrics (though I'm not experienced enough to say how). I would look for a way to open a new tab or window when they submit the survey, resulting in the thank you opening in the new tab/window. Or, perhaps since you are collecting their email address you can send them a thank you email instead of sending them to a thank-you URL?
Hi @VirginiaM,

I've contacted our CMS support team to see what assistance they can provide. Please keep your fingers crossed!

Cindy
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
100% a website issue. You can see all the console errors that crop up from the redirect. My guess is that the website was coded to receive specific redirects or specific data as part of the URL string and those are not missing since you moved platforms.

!
To close the loop, we ended up creating a separate web template for us to use on our Thank You pages that would prevent the weird theme display. Thanks to those who provided input, I appreciate it!

!

Leave a Reply