Adding a SUBMIT button at the end of the survey | XM Community
Solved

Adding a SUBMIT button at the end of the survey

• 7 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi!
How can I add a SUBMIT button at the end of the survey to make sure that participants’ answers will be saves?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 7 June 2019, 19:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Each "next" button records the results from the previous page. In essence, they are being saved (barring any delete logic in your survey flow).

However, if you want the last "next" button to be a submit button then you can change that button at the block-level. Just move your last page of question(s) to it's own block and change the next button for that block to "Submit".
Badge
> @Akdashboard said:
> Each "next" button records the results from the previous page. In essence, they are being saved (barring any delete logic in your survey flow).
>
> However, if you want the last "next" button to be a submit button then you can change that button at the block-level. Just move your last page of a question(s) to its own block and change the next button for that block to "Submit".

Thank you so much!

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/14886#Comment_14886Dear @Akdashboard, thank you for your answer but I didn't understand what you mean with block-level. Could you please explain in detail? How can I find block-level?
Edit: It's alright. I just fixed it now. Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I routinely use the process described by Akdashboard. In the final block I add a text/graphic question with instructions to click the submit button to complete the survey, and change the next button text to submit. I feel this should be routine, and I am surprised it is not built into Qualtrics somehow. It puzzles me that the satisfaction follow up surveys from Qualtrics have the graphical arrow icons and often you click the next arrow and the next thing you know the survey is closed and your response is recorded. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @JC_FAU 

For the satisfaction follow up survey you can check the next button configuration in the survey's Look and Feel.

Leave a Reply