Eliminate "N/A" from a Results Table in Reports? | XM Community
Solved

Eliminate "N/A" from a Results Table in Reports?

• 9 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
I know that I can use a question filter to exclude empty fields, but I would rather keep all respondents and have a blank space. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by KendraR 16 June 2019, 21:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
In the survey itself, you can select the 'n/a' response and choose 'exclude from analysis'. See more here.
Badge +2
Thanks so much. I mostly use text entry questions and I don't think I can add an "n/a" option, but this is great for the multiple choice questions!
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @TFuzak! If your use case is that you have text entry responses where the respondent entered "N/A" and you want that response to show as a "blank space" in the data, you could use Response Editing to edit the "N/A" responses to be whitespace (like spaces or tabs) instead of completely blank. If you have any further questions on how to best accomplish this, be sure to reach out to our Support Team! 😃
Badge +2
Thanks so much KendraR. Respondents are not actually selecting N/A or typing it in the field. the N/A shows up in the report when the respondent does not enter anything, so I don't think editing will help. But, your time and effort is very much appreciated!
I'm having this same issue; for text entry questions that aren't answered or even seen, the Report is adding "N/A".

For example, I have a multiple choice question that includes "Other (please specify)" as a response option with a text entry box. Even though none of the 79 respondents chose this "Other" response, the Report includes 79 rows of "N/A". The same is happening to text entry questions with display logic; even if the respondent didn't see the question, the Report includes "N/A" row.

Leave a Reply