Question

Sampling inside an automation

• 9 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
  • QPN Level 2 ●●
  • 35 replies
Hello, I'm new to XM Directory and I have the following issue: suppose a client uploads a file daily to an FTP server with people to whom I have to send a survey. To do this, I have to do 2 automations: one to upload the file to a contact list, and another automation "concatenated" to that previous automation that takes those contacts and sends the survey. Suppose that before sending the survey, I want to do a random sampling of those new contacts. Is there a way to do that inside the automation? All I can see is an option that says "Which contacts receive a survey invitation?", which allows me to filter contacts with some criteria, but not to perform a sampling. Another option is to upload the contacts, then manually perform the sampling on the list, and then send the survey to the sample, but that would make the automation almost useless, because it would involve manual work every day.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I don't think this is supported at the moment, but I would suggest contacting Support. If it happens that it isn't supported, they can file a Feature Request for you.

Leave a Reply