Are you seeing value in Text IQ? | XM Community

Are you seeing value in Text IQ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61
Hello there
I just wanted to ask a general question... Are you seeing a positive ROI from Text IQ and how long was the ramp up time (and effort) to start seeing value from it?
I've been playing around with it a little, but I can't seem to be able to draw the level of insights I had hoped for.
Would love to hear your perception of the functionality.

Thanks in advance
-Matt

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I haven't seen the AI spit out very good topics yet BUT I do see tremendous value in it overall. We use it on our NPS (and other) comments to manually tag the topics and then to utilize the sentiment scores and polarity in all our analyses. It's amazing to see how different segments feel (and how strongly) about specific topics and it's led to clear paths for improvement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +61
> @jpardicusick said:
> I haven't seen the AI spit out very good topics yet BUT I do see tremendous value in it overall. We use it on our NPS (and other) comments to manually tag the topics and then to utilize the sentiment scores and polarity in all our analyses. It's amazing to see how different segments feel (and how strongly) about specific topics and it's led to clear paths for improvement.

I would love to see this in real life and how you're leveraging the segments to the topics.
I know there was a thread on here somewhere, but I am trying to find a way for our developers to build a "topic on NPS" score overview to see which topics come with which NPS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
While I can't show you the data (confidential), I can tell you how I typically set it up: I use Tableau and show a viz that is the overall sentiment scores of the topics, then I start drilling in using NPS group, our customer segments, our product segments, etc. Every type of segmentation we have, I throw in there and see what pops up as interesting. Then whatever pops goes into the dashboard for executive review.

From there, I split the verbatims into their topic buckets and lead a continuous improvement round where we have a large cross-functional team that takes certain themes, checks out the verbatims, and brainstorms on how we can improve those themes. The output of that goes to our senior leadership for prioritization and approvals.
Userlevel 7
Badge +61
> @jpardicusick said:
> While I can't show you the data (confidential), I can tell you how I typically set it up: I use Tableau and show a viz that is the overall sentiment scores of the topics, then I start drilling in using NPS group, our customer segments, our product segments, etc. Every type of segmentation we have, I throw in there and see what pops up as interesting. Then whatever pops goes into the dashboard for executive review.
>
> From there, I split the verbatims into their topic buckets and lead a continuous improvement round where we have a large cross-functional team that takes certain themes, checks out the verbatims, and brainstorms on how we can improve those themes. The output of that goes to our senior leadership for prioritization and approvals.

Yes! This is how I envisioned it as well. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to do all the manual work behind it 😃
The whole cross functional huddles and departmental accountability for continuous improvements are starting to really kick off as well so things are looking better and better 🙂

Leave a Reply