When do partial responses get recorded? | XM Community
Solved

When do partial responses get recorded?

• 17 June 2019
  • 3 replies

I have set the the time limit to record partial responses to 4 hours. When will I see that data be shifted over to the recorded responses? So far I haven't seen the data move over even though many responses have not been updated for more than 4 hours.

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 17 June 2019, 22:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
It depends on your settings: either 4 hours after the last activity or 4 hours after they start the survey. Can you post a snap of your Survey Options settings at the bottom so we can see if there's something you may need to change to get your desired results?
!

I have attached a picture of the option I selected. My partially completed responses are still in the 'Responses in Progress' section even though most of them are a few weeks old.

If it makes any difference I selected the 4 hour recording option yesterday but the survey has been open since the end of May.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@NKJ Ah ha! That's the issue, then. When you change the survey options, it only affects surveys that are started after you make the change. I found this out myself recently and wasn't too pleased.

The good news is that you can manually close the responses that you do want closed now. Then new survey responses will close as you have defined.

Leave a Reply