Display logic for randomized items in one block | XM Community
Question

Display logic for randomized items in one block

Userlevel 1
Hello,
could anyone help me out with setting up display logic for a block of multiple randomized questions?

Say, I have 10 statement with a 7 point scale (1 def.not to 7 def. yes scale). I would like to present those items, one by one, that is - next item will show on same page only, when previous was answered.

Is there any java script that could do something like this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You can set up the randomization using standard methods:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/question-randomization/

And this should help you out with the automatic advancement through each question:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/2469/automatic-forwarding-to-next-question
Userlevel 1
I might be missing something, but I think this won't work as:
"I would like to present those items, one by one, that is - next item will show on same page only, when previous was answered."

Also the autoforwarding when set without JS (i know how to do it) will be global, and for this case I'd like to keep it local.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @agolec said:
> Hello,
> could anyone help me out with setting up display logic for a block of multiple randomized questions?
>
> Say, I have 10 statement with a 7 point scale (1 def.not to 7 def. yes scale). I would like to present those items, one by one, that is - next item will show on same page only, when previous was answered.
>
> Is there any java script that could do something like this?

You can do this with JavaScript, but you'll have to write the code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
> @agolec said:
> I might be missing something, but I think this won't work as:
> "I would like to present those items, one by one, that is - next item will show on same page only, when previous was answered."
>
> Also the autoforwarding when set without JS (i know how to do it) will be global, and for this case I'd like to keep it local.

Can you just add a page break between each of your questions and use Kate's method?

Leave a Reply