Multiple choice with smiley faces | XM Community
Solved

Multiple choice with smiley faces

Some of our clients have an intellectual disability so I need to construct a survey with three choice (multiple choice) questions where the choices are represented by sad, neutral and happy faces. Is there any way to do this? The 'clickable' area needs to be relatively large as some clients have fine motor impairments as well.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 21 June 2019, 22:59

View original

11 replies

Badge +3
I found these images that are labeled for reuse on Google and placed them in a qualtrics project. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
To add onto rcorser's thoughtful and kind response, you can use the images they found with multiple choice question type:

!
Thanks so much to you both!
Userlevel 4
Badge +20
Just came across this and was wondering if you did anything to score the results or how you identified their response that correlates to the image. I used the file above (thank you rcorser!) but have the image ID in the results. This is one those I assume simple things that is stumping me at the moment. 😶
In addition to the smiley faces which I inserted using the 'picture' button, I added labels to the default radio buttons for the 3 multiple choices: Dissatisfied, Neutral and Satisfied. The results come out in the usual way. Hope that helps. I am a newbie!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@KOgles You can always use recode values too.

Hi, I was wondering how to assign an alt text to those images. Say I've got 3 images assigned to 3 choices: love, neutral, hate. How will a screen reader announce the images? Where can I set the alt text?

Badge +1

Hi robcap, did you find an answer to your query? I'm trying to do a similar thing in Qualtrics

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/53021#Comment_53021Instead of using Insert Graphic, add the images with html:
text_description_goes_here

Badge +1

Thanks TomG . That's a simpler approach.
I don't suppose you know whether it's possible to create a dynamic multiple choice question in an EX project? I want to replicate something similar to the below image but using emojis so that when a user hovers their mouse over an emoji, it turns from black and white to colour
Rating scale.PNG

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Not using stars slider.
You could use a CSS hover rule to change image sources on hover.

Leave a Reply