An additional space to fill in answer | XM Community
Question

An additional space to fill in answer

• 21 June 2019
  • 4 replies

If I use a dropdown list for participant to choose the answer, and the last choice is "Other, please state". How can I add a space for them to fill in their answer if they choose ‘Other, please state’.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Drop down list? Did you make this with a single choice with a drill-down list?

I don't believe you can easily do this with a drill-down list but what you could do is create a second question that only displays if they do select "Other" and have them enter it in that second question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
In page display logic won't work with a drop down list though. Depending on the number of choices, a multiple choice questions would be a better option.
> @Akdashboard said:
> In page display logic won't work with a drop down list though. Depending on the number of choices, a multiple choice questions would be a better option.

I already used a multiple choice, but the answers I provide might not cover all the possibilities.
> @JenCX said:
> Drop down list? Did you make this with a single choice with a drill-down list?
>
> I don't believe you can easily do this with a drill-down list but what you could do is create a second question that only displays if they do select "Other" and have them enter it in that second question.

Yeah, i might have to add an additional question there..

Leave a Reply