Show questions based on embedded data URL? | XM Community
Solved

Show questions based on embedded data URL?

• 25 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am creating an approval flow based on this post:

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/2334/creating-a-single-survey-for-a-series-of-responses-from-different-respondents-ie-approvals

Which allows the re-take link to be used as part of an approval flow ie retake link sent to third party, appended URL to show new questions.

For example: https://sydney.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9BJGnqtEot0aiTH?Q_R=${e://Field/ResponseID}&Q_R_DEL=1&Approver=1

I am able to append the link and refill the survey information fine, but I am having trouble getting my survey questions to show according to my custom embedded data called "Approver".

I can hide my blocks ie: access request + supervisor approval - but I can't show them again even when the URL has the approver value in it.

I've looked at the documentation and it's still not clear to me.

Where in the survey flow do I put my embedded data Approver field?
How do I get my Approver blocks - " access request + supervisor approval " to show based on the URL which will have Approver in it?

Attached are some screenshots of my flow - thanks.

!
!
icon

Best answer by JenCX 25 June 2019, 16:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Try moving your declaration of "Approver" to the very first thing in the flow (may or may not be necessary but definitely won't hurt), then add a branch where you currently have the approver declaration to say Branch if Approver is 1 and stack your approver-only blocks in there.
@JenCX - thank you, that helped!
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I am trying to create a survey where designated staff in the office have to review and approve a user's submission. However, when a staff clicks on the link (as outlined in steps 2 and 3 from the linked post above), the respondent's data is deleted. I am having difficulty understanding what I need to adjust in my survey flow to ensure that the respondent's information is maintained. I have attached a .qsf file of the survey instrument. Any assistance and advise is greatly appreciated.

Leave a Reply