Partial Completion | XM Community

Partial Completion

• 26 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
In the “Partial Completion” section of “Survey Options”, I have selected the following options: Record, 24 Hours, Start of the survey.
!

If a participant closes the survey before answering all the questions:
1) How he/she can open the survey again to answer the remaining questions?
2) If he/she opens the survey again 24 hours after the first time he/she started the survey, how much time he/she would have to complete the survey?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Fatemeh_2019 said:
> In the “Partial Completion” section of “Survey Options”, I have selected the following options: Record, 24 Hours, Start of the survey.
> !
>
> If a participant closes the survey before answering all the questions:
> 1) How he/she can open the survey again to answer the remaining questions?
If you have Save & Continue option turned on, they can use the same link they used the first time.
> 2) If he/she opens the survey again 24 hours after the first time he/she started the survey, how much time he/she would have to complete the survey?
None. They will get a message that the survey has already been completed.
Badge
> @TomG said:
> > @Fatemeh_2019 said:
> > In the “Partial Completion” section of “Survey Options”, I have selected the following options: Record, 24 Hours, Start of the survey.
> > !
> >
> > If a participant closes the survey before answering all the questions:
> > 1) How he/she can open the survey again to answer the remaining questions?
> If you have Save & Continue option turned on, they can use the same link they used the first time.
> > 2) If he/she opens the survey again 24 hours after the first time he/she started the survey, how much time he/she would have to complete the survey?
> None. They will get a message that the survey has already been completed.
>

Dear TomG,

Thank you so much for your response.
1) As the following photo shows, the Save and Continue option has been selected in my survey option.

!

Do participants have to push the button save (the following photo) to have the partially answered survey saved or just pushing the next button will automatically save their previous answers?

!

The same link to the survey will be sent to all participants. Do you mean if a participant who partially answered the survey, click on the link that he/she received via email before, he/she can complete the rest of his/her own partially-answered survey?

2) I think I did not ask my question precisely. I want to know if 24 hours include the time of answering or it just refers to the time participants have to open again their partially-answered survey. If someone opens his/her partially-completed survey after 23 hours after the first time he/she started the survey, would he/she have only one hour to complete the survey or he/she can spend more than 1 hour to complete it?

Thank you in advance for all your invaluable help.

Sincerely,
Fatemeh
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Fatemeh_2019 said:
> Do participants have to push the button save (the following photo) to have the partially answered survey saved or just pushing the next button will automatically save their previous answers?
The next button will automatically save their previous answers
> The same link to the survey will be sent to all participants. Do you mean if a participant who partially answered the survey, click on the link that he/she received via email before, he/she can complete the rest of his/her own partially-answered survey?
If you are using an anonymous link (not using a contact list), if they use the same computer and browser, they can complete the rest of the partially answered survey. If you use a contact list, they can complete the rest of the partially answer survey regardless of computer or browser.
> 2) I think I did not ask my question precisely. I want to know if 24 hours include the time of answering or it just refers to the time participants have to open again their partially-answered survey. If someone opens his/her partially-completed survey after 23 hours after the first time he/she started the survey, would he/she have only one hour to complete the survey or he/she can spend more than 1 hour to complete it?
I'm not sure, but I think they would only have 1 hour to complete. I recommend you test it. If you changed it to "since last activity" they would have 24 more hours to complete.
Badge
> @TomG said:
> > @Fatemeh_2019 said:
> > Do participants have to push the button save (the following photo) to have the partially answered survey saved or just pushing the next button will automatically save their previous answers?
> The next button will automatically save their previous answers
> > The same link to the survey will be sent to all participants. Do you mean if a participant who partially answered the survey, click on the link that he/she received via email before, he/she can complete the rest of his/her own partially-answered survey?
> If you are using an anonymous link (not using a contact list), if they use the same computer and browser, they can complete the rest of the partially answered survey. If you use a contact list, they can complete the rest of the partially answer survey regardless of computer or browser.
> > 2) I think I did not ask my question precisely. I want to know if 24 hours include the time of answering or it just refers to the time participants have to open again their partially-answered survey. If someone opens his/her partially-completed survey after 23 hours after the first time he/she started the survey, would he/she have only one hour to complete the survey or he/she can spend more than 1 hour to complete it?
> I'm not sure, but I think they would only have 1 hour to complete. I recommend you test it. If you changed it to "since last activity" they would have 24 more hours to complete.
>
>

Dear TomG,

Thank you so much for your invaluable responses! I really appreciate it!
Respectfully,
Fatemeh

Leave a Reply